Thursday, February 19, 2015

Masking card


Hello! Happy Chinese New Year(February 18-23 ). 
May the New Year bring many good things and rich blessings to you and all those you love!
Today I have two cards using masking technique.

新年快樂~祝大家身體健康、心想事成、好運連連,
在此分享兩張運用masking技法的卡片。

                                                   First card:



I started by stamping a flower image with white ink on kraft. To give this flower a bit of shadow, I stamped the second layer with pink and red ink, and also added some colours by using watercolour pancils.

Next, I masked the first flower, stamped second flower.

Then, I added some leaves and fruits.


這張卡片上色的靈感來自中國水墨的牡丹,
通常畫牡丹都會先上白粉,
所以我也先上一層白色印泥當底,
然後再用粉紅、桃紅二次上色,大概是versamagic的印台比較不適用這樣用?
所以還是要利用色鉛筆補充細節。
花朵和葉子來自Avery Elle,字章則是Mama Elephant,很漂亮又很實用的兩款設計。



 I'm entering to the following challenge
A Blog Named Hero Challenge Time: Small Scale
Addicted to CAS Challenge #57


                                                Second card:

I think a little mouse sitting on a diamond is very fun and a symbol of fortunate, because in Chinese's culture, house shrew (Suncus murinus) may bring big fortunate and money for people. xx

I started by stamping a diamond image, masked it, and stamped a mouse above.
After colouring them with copic maker, I covered them with Glossy Accents. 
Once they dried, I used an ink blending tool to apply sun rays background with Distress Ink.

這張錢鼠帶財的設計,用了兩種masking技法,
鑽石和老鼠是用普通的masking,直接剪一張紙覆蓋在鑽石上,再蓋上老鼠。
等到上完色後,再利用Glossy Accents塗滿圖案,
待乾掉之後,再用Distress Ink上光線。
有一種恭喜中獎,閃閃發光的感覺~


Thank you for standing by.

I'm entering to the following challenge


13 comments:

  1. I just love the soft delicate flowers of your first card, fantastic masking and beautiful colouring.
    Gung hei fat choi. I hope I have got that right! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your flower on the kraft is absolutely gorgeous - love it!!! and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards! I especially love the first one -- it's gorgeous! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the flower card as much as the first one you made with the watercolors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautifully masked cards, Wei! Love that gorgeous flower! So glad you shared these with us at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful cards! Love the stamping on kraft paper and the little mouse is so cute! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. That floral card is AMAZING!! Love it!! The mouse is such a fun design too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOWOWOWOWOWOW!! These are both AWESOME Cards!! :-) I LOVE the FUN Symbolized meaning with the Mouse on the Diamond!! :-) THANKS SO MUCH for sharing ad hsve a Fabulous Week!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOWOWOWOWOWOW!! These are both AWESOME Cards!! :-) I LOVE the FUN Symbolized meaning with the Mouse on the Diamond!! :-) THANKS SO MUCH for sharing ad hsve a Fabulous Week!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! The coloring on your flowers is amazing. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A-mazing cards! I LOVE that layered inking technique, and you've made it shine! Thanks for playing along with us at the AEIHeartUChallenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous masking and coloring of the roses on Kraft here!! Thank you for joining us at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your first card is absolutely gorgeous! Love how you colored and layered everything. The mouse card is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...